- About Us
We're reopening Monday, July 6
Welcome back! We're excited to see you again. Both Three Rivers Public Library District locations will open for public access as of Monday, July 6. We expect to be open our normal hours for both buildings. Please remember that we are currently on our summer hours and our libraries close at 3pm on Saturdays and are closed on Sundays through Labor Day.
To follow the Illinois State Health Measures, we have instated some service changes for your safety & the safety of our staff.
Here is what you need to know:
Face coverings or masks are required for everyone over 2 years of age at all times while using the library.
60 Minute Visits
For the foreseeable future, all library visits will be limited to 60 minutes. If possible, have only one person per household visit the library at a time. These limits are for your protection & to allow our staff to perform enhanced cleaning measures.
Aggressive Cleaning Measures
In addition to quarantining returned materials, staff members are continually cleaning high traffic areas & frequently used equipment at both libary locations.
Social Distancing Measures
When visiting your library, we ask that all visitors maintain appropriate distance from others.
Curbside will continue
Both locations will continue to offer curbside pickup of holds. When you arrive at your pickup library, look for the curbside pickup sign, park, and call the library. (Be sure to have your library card or ID with you.) Staff will deliver your holds to the trunk of your vehicle. For more details on how curbside works, visit our Curbside FAQ.
Virtual & Take-Home Programs
In-person programs have been suspended until at least November 1, 2020. Instead, we have shifted to provide virtual program options and grab-and-go activities for area residents. Stay updated on virtual programming by viewing our events calendar, following our social media, and signing up for our e-newsletter. Our all-ages Summer Reading Program is also completely virtual this year and runs through July 30.
- Do not enter the library if you are ill or experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer often.
- No food or drink allowed inside the library.
- All service points will have protective barriers in place.
- Returns are accepted via the outside book return/drop only. Returns will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before they are checked in (no fines will accrue during quarantine).
- Wipe down equipment with disinfecting wipes before use.
- Notary services will be by appointment only.
- A limited number of socially-distanced computers will be available; however, staff assistance may be limited.
- Computer use is limited to 60 minutes.
- Seating areas may be socially distanced or unavailable.
- Overdue fines will not be charged for materials at this time.
- Meeting rooms remain closed at this time.
- Some services continue to be unavailable, including laminating, newspapers, Keurigs, and water fountains.
- Toys, games, and puzzles have been removed from Youth Services Departments.
Not ready to come inside yet?
We understand that not everyone is ready to come to visit us in person just yet. We will continue to provide services that you can access from home or outside our building.
- You can participate in our Summer Reading Program through July 30.
- Continue to use our Curbside Pickup Service.
- You can apply for a library card.
- Library materials can be returned in the outside bookdrops.
- Virtual programming will continue online, so you can enjoy programs from home. Visit our events calendar for details.
We appreciate your patience with these new guidelines and the adjustments that are bound to happen to them in the future. Stay up to date by visiting our website, following us on social media, and subscribing to our e-newsletter. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
For other questions or comments relating to available services or reopening procedures, please contact us.