We have tax forms avaliable at both library locations starting in January of each year, with more added throughout the month of January and February. You can find federal tax information online at the IRS website, www.irs.gov, and tax forms can be accessed at www.irs.gov/formspubs. For information on Illinois tax forms, visit the Illinois Department of Revenue website at http://www.revenue.state.il.us/#t=tab1 and for tax forms, http://tax.illinois.gov/taxforms/.
*This year, the Library will receive supplies of three IRS forms: 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ We will not receive any instruction booklets for these forms nor other forms and instruction booklets due to IRS budget cuts.
View, Download & Print Forms
Go to: www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs
Click: Order Forms & Pubs
Select: Forms and Publications by U.S. Mail
To order paper copies of forms and booklets b y phone:
Affordable Care Act
Form 8965, Health Coverage Exemptions
- Complete this form to report a Marketplace-granted coverage exemption or claim an IRS-granted coverage exemption on the return.
- Use the worksheet in the Form 8965 Instructions to calculate the shared responsibility payment.
Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit
- Complete this form to reconcile advance payments of the premium tax credit, and to claim this credit on the tax return.
- If individuals purchased coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, they should receive Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, which will help complete Form 8962.
- Form 1040EZ cannot be used to report advance payments or to claim the premium tax credit.
For more information about the Affordable Care Act and filing your 2014 income tax return, visit IRS.gov/aca.
- IRS websitewww.irs.gov
- Federal Tax Formswww.irs.gov/formspubs
- 1040 Instruction Booklethttp://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040.pdf
- Illinois Department of Revenuehttp://www.revenue.state.il.us/#t=tab1
- Illinois Tax Formshttp://tax.illinois.gov/taxforms/
- Illinois 1040 Instruction Booklet http://www.revenue.state.il.us/TaxForms/IncmCurrentYear/Individual/IL-1040-Instr.pdf
- For reviews on different tax software products: http://www.reviews.com/online-tax-software/
- Federal Tax Help for Individuals 1-800-829-1040
- Federal Hearing Imparied TTY/TDD 1-800-829-4059
- Federal Tax Forms and Publications 1-800-829-3676
- Illinois Tax Help 1-800-732-8866
- Illinois TDD 1-800-544-5304
Free Tax Help
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify.
These local locations also offer free tax help:
15014 S DES PLAINES ST
PLAINFIELD, IL 60544
24 JAN 2015 - 11 APR 2015
No appointment necessary
CHILD CARE RESOURCE AND REFERRAL
801 N. LARKIN AVENUE
JOLIET, IL 60435
VOLUNTEER PREPARED AND SELF-PREP
19 JAN 2015 - 11 APR 2015
Appointment required (Spanish help available)